Racial affinity space has never been more important. As we continue to see the lethal impact of racism across our country, it is critical for white folx to have time together in racial affinity to understand, heal from, and do the work of dismantling White Supremacy. Rather than a “train the trainer” model, this course is designed for participants to expand their understanding of white racial affinity work by regularly engaging with one another in a white affinity space. This will be an opportunity for participants to truly experience what it looks, sounds and feels like to participate in a racial affinity space so that they can begin and/or continue supporting racial affinity work upon returning to their schools and organizations.
Through monthly touch points, participants will have opportunities to participate in and facilitate white racial affinity work while connecting and building relationships with other like-minded educators around the globe. My goal is to set you up to begin and/or continue supporting and sustaining white racial affinity work in your context. (*Prerequisite: Racial Affinity Intro Workshop that was offered December 2020, May and July 2021, and May 2022.)
- Develop antiracist mindsets and skills that support critical reflection, inquiry, and dialogue about racial equity and justice;
- Individually and collaboratively examine readings, research, and other resources to support their ongoing racial equity journey; and
- Practice using equity-based protocols, frameworks, and other resources to develop facilitation skills for supporting white racial affinity work in their context.
- Classroom/School/District Leaders and/or Teams
- Anyone committed to supporting critical reflection, inquiry and dialogue about race
- Second Thursdays from September 2022 through May 2023
- All classes are from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT (7:00-9:00 ET)
- $750.00 per participant ($600 per participant for teams of 5 or more)
- Special 20% “alumni” discount for anyone who participated in the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 year-long course: $600 per participant ($480 per participant for teams of 5 or more)
If you have any questions, please email Jen Benkovitz, firstname.lastname@example.org